With in-home euthanasia, you no longer have to choose between taking your pet to the vet clinic or emergency hospital, where even under the best circumstances, with a caring and compassionate vet and staff, this option may cause stress for both you and your pet.
Although this is often a difficult decision, euthanasia a is peaceful procedure performed with compassion and skill by licensed veterinarians. Working with a veterinarian who makes house calls can help make the transition less stressful and more comfortable for both you and your pet. Everyone is surrounded by the comforts of home, supported by other family members (both two and four-legged) with the veterinarian’s full attention focused only on your pet and your family.
In-home euthanasia has many other benefits:
- More people can be present; all family members or special friends and neighbors who have cared for or bonded with your pet
- Animal family members can be present. In addition to your own family pets at home, many pets have made strong bonds with other animals in your neighborhood and dog friends from the dog park. These beloved friends are welcome to join us.
- Time to say your final goodbye – on your terms
- Religious, Spiritual and Philosophical freedoms
- Setting a peaceful atmosphere; music, candles, flowers, pictures, poems, etc.
- No stressful or upsetting car ride to a vet clinic
- Your pet’s final moments are spent surrounded by the comforts of home, perhaps in a special chair, their favorite spot in the backyard, or simply nestled in your lap.
If you live in the greater Ann Arbor area, please Contact Us. Dr. Turenne honors all traditions, rituals, and anything you would wish to do to make the experience more comfortable and easier for you and your pet. When appropriate, Dr. Turenne can individualize the service by integrating Reiki, massage, flower essences, and essential oils to help your beloved pet pass peacefully.
A word from one of our clients, “Your wise words, capable actions and compassionate manner helped all of us tremendously – more than I can adequately express. We will miss Wishbone, who was, as you said “a special boy.” It feels sometimes like I have lost my shadow…how lucky we were to have each other! And how lucky to have found you! Thanks so much. ~ Fran – Manchester, MI
If you live outside the Ann Arbor area, please check with your current veterinarian about their house call availability or for a referral to a mobile veterinarian who can help with in-home euthanasia.
Additional questions you may want to ask a mobile veterinarian ahead-of-time:
- Can I Hold My Pet?
- How Will it Happen?
- What Will it Be Like?
- What are My Aftercare Options?
Please Contact us – We’re here to help